In-line Ultra Violet Clarifier.
A revolution in the efficient elimination of green water algae
Key Benefits Include:
- Can be positioned in almost any position to complement your ponds needs
- Can by fixed to the pond wall or left free standing
- With correct usage, the Vorton has a Clearwater Guarantee
The Vorton offers the optimum UVC power for the pond size up to 18500 litres. Higher powered UVC bulbs will help maximise the elimination of algae.
What causes greenwater?
In certain conditions, large quantities of microscopic algae grow in the water. They create the green water, that spoils the apperance of a pond by making it impossible to see plants and fish.
It’s important not to confuse ‘green water’ with the long strands of blanket weed that are also very common. Green water algae are so tiny that ordinary filters cannot trap them.
How do UVCs work?
As the pond water passes the UV lamp, the light makes the algae clump together so they are caught in the filter foam or sink to the bottom of the pond. You should see an improvement in days and achieve complete clarity in 6 to 8 weeks.
A separate UVC can be connected into the hose run between the pump and filter.
On Hozelock Cyprio Trinamic filters, the UVC can be fitted on the side of the filter using the metal attachment bracket.
Why are Hozelock Cyprio UVCs so effective?
- Water is slowed down as it passes the lamp to increase UV penetration
- Quartz glass tube covering the UV lamp permits effective penetration of UV rays. Ordinary glass cuts this by 90%.
- UV lamp runs at optimum operating temperature in an enclosed chamber
- Water is kept as close as possible to the UV lamp to maximise the UV efficiency
- Single ended lamps last longer and have higher UV output
The Vorton comes with 5 metres of cable, is easy to install and maintain and comes with 2 years warranty and a Clearwater guarantee.
Other options (Click on the images to EXPLORE)
There are many other methods of introducing a UVC to a setup. Below are examples of filters that contain UV lamps for clarification, aswell as multiple types of foam and Kalnes media for filtration. Click on the images to explore each option.